Monday, October 15, 2018

Living Room Progress

Theres been some progress being made around here lately and its getting me all giddy that the projects will be wrapping up soon. The new sofa was delievered and we are really enjoying having all the space to stretch out. We went with this one from Furniture Row


I purchased these pillowcases from Aki Home when we were on vacation in California and turned them into couch pillows, which I am really diggin.

Source



We also got around to building the new coffee table.  I envisioned so many different types of tables for this space. I wanted something industrial but also rustic too. I loved these options from Restoration Hardware...




And these from Arhaus....




Ultimately, I landed on one super similar to the last one that was in here just without the bottom shelf, lower to the ground and with wider planks, kinda like this one from Rejuvenation.
Zack built the frame out of 2x2 decking wood and I spray painted it Rustoleum Hammered Black to give it a metal like appearance.


Then I stained the wood and we attached them with our nail gun.


Next on our to do list: Paint the fireplace and get a rug. I cannot wait to get the painting done! Its going to have the biggest impact on the space. We are planning to paint the fireplace white and replace the grey/white tile with simple subway tiles.  Its going to be so good.


---Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment