Thursday, October 25, 2018

Dining Room Makeover

Ive been wanting to add some sort of chair rail or board and batten on the two window walls but I couldnt picture what it'd look like so I grabbed a roll of painters tape and went to town creating a plan.


When Zack got home the next day I had him help me frame out the windows with baseboard trim and add 1x4 MDF boards around the walls.


Then, I painted the lower half of the wall Valspar Swiss Coffee

About a week later I decided I really did want to add the vertical boards for a more board and batten look so I picked up some simple flat trim from Lowes. I marked all my studs and then cut the trim to fit

After everything was attached with the nail gun I caulked the seams and filled the holes and did a quick coat of paint.



Im hoping to replace the blinds fairly soon and then this will be another project off the list!

---Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment