Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Master Bedroom: Accent Wall

I have been in love with the board and batten accent walls for a while now. You see them all over Pinterest and I always said that one day, when I had my own house, I would put one in. Today is the day!
source
I first started my project by painting the wall white, I chose Valspar Swiss Coffee because its a creamy white and isn't too stark against the beige walls and ceiling.




I painted two coats to get maximum coverage, but I didn't paint all the way to the edges or to the ceiling as these parts will be covered by boards.


Next, I measured the boards and cut 4 of them to fit vertical, two on each end as a border and two in the center to create the board and batten look, then, we nailed them into the studs.


After that, we measured in between the vertical pieces, cut to fit and nailed them in horizontally across the top.


Now, I calked, filled, sanded and painted all the nail holes and imperfections and added crown moulding to the top and quarter round to the sides to really complete the look and make it appear custom.

I am so in love!






Before:

After:



---Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment