Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Master Bedroom: Phase II plans

We "finished" the master bedroom earlier this year and while we are still happy with how it turned out, we really didn't do much to the actual room its self because we just added new furniture and accessories. So, next year we're going to go all the way and really finish. My plan is simple, create some kind of texture on the wall either with planks like this one from Table and Hearth


or panels like this from my favorite blogger, Jenna Sue Design.



The other thing, we're going dark! We plan to used Valspar Ocean Storm like we used on the laundry room. I'm not sure if we will do the whole room this color as it might make it too dark, or if we will just do the wall with the headboard and paint the rest of the room in Valspar Frappe or reverse and do 3 walls Ocean Storm and 1 wall Frappe. Decisions, decisions.

Next, we'll change out the curtains to something nicer, possibly these from Ikea, paint the bathroom doors, create a rustic wood frame for the mirror over the dresser and change out the ceiling fan to the same one in the guest room and man cave. Here's the visual

Here's what it looks like now.




[Sorry for the crappy phone photos. It was dark when I took them and my phone sucks.]

The power of paint is amazing and Im telling you this room is going to transform with it! I also may change the duvet and shams, I might also change the bench and headboard to something more simple because I'm feeling like its too light for my style and want to go more cabin/rustic than airy farmhouse. This is what I'm thinking...

I'm planning to re-use as much I can and just re purpose it, like the headboard. I will reuse the frame and padding and just remove the tufting and nail head for something simpler. The bench should be easy because Ill just remove the padding and place a piece of wood on top instead of recovering it. All the other things are small things I can replace on the cheap. We'll see.

We are hoping to get started just after the holidays. Anyone else have DIY plans for the new year? Tell me all about it in the comments!

xoxo,
Jackie






No comments:

Post a Comment