Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Man Cave

I think I mentioned before that Kelsey has been living with us for a while and now that shes found a place of her own we are getting plans ready for her room. Zack and I have discussed having a man cave room that can benefit both of us. We have had the same TV for our entire marriage [six years!] and while it works great, we are due for an upgrade and since I'm a firm believer of no TV in the bedroom and we don't want to get rid of our current tv we decided creating a fun movie room where Zack can escape HGTV and play some video games would work well for our life. Now, Zack and I are so very different in terms of our styles and if it was up to him there'd be car seats on the ground with a tv as big as the wall and black curtains. He would be so happy. Me? Not so much! This might be a room designed for him but its still in MY home and I shutter at the thought of anyone walking into that room for movie night thinking I designed it. It took a few heated arguments but I finally got him to agree to let me do my thing and draw up some plans for the perfect masculine farmhouse room and this is what I came up with.

After I showed him the plans hes totally on board. He even suggested the cowhide rug to tie it all together. We already have a few things, the grey paint, the curtains and the thro blanket, so we dont have much else to purchase. We're hoping to have the whole room complete by July and since Kelsey doesn't move out till June and I have a business trip right after we are going to be working fast to make that deadline, but I'm super excited to work on this project with him and hope you'll stay tuned for updates.

xoxo,
Jackie 

No comments:

Post a Comment