Sunday, May 1, 2016

Bathroom talk

In my last apartment we had these built in shelves next to the toilet and truth be told I hated them moving in because I wasn't sure what to do with them, but now now that I don't have them I miss them! Ain't that how it always goes?


Right now we just have this little "water closet" and there's no storage and I can't tell you how many times I ran out of toilet paper and had to yell [or text] Zack to run up and bring me some. I mean, yeah we're married but I'd like to keep a LITTLE mystery please! I was looking over Pinterest the other day and came across this tutorial for some faux floating shelves. Right up my alley because those real floating shelves just take too dang long to build and I don't have the skill or the patience to pull it off. If you remember, this is what it looked like when I started...



And this is what it looks like today.


So much better! And, no more awkward, hand-me-TP around the door scenarios. I really love them!

Also, while shopping at Lowes for our supplies Zack and I were perusing the tile isle and he started spouting all these ideas HE has for our future house. I was quite taken aback since he's never voiced any opinions about our decor, and quite honestly our styles are so very different. If he had it his way our house would look like a desert meets Mediterranean meets traditional vibe like this...
[his aunts house in Lake Havasu]


 and this is my plan ....

Total opposites. After and hour of arguing [me yelling "VETO!" at everything he picked out] we did find a happy medium. This is what we came up with....

I'm thinking its a great compromise. He wanted pebble tile in natural color, we agreed on this pretty grey/white one instead. He wanted a glass enclosure, I wanted a shower curtain, he won on that one. He wanted travertine tile in the shower and the floors, I wanted to break it up and do white subway in the shower and grey ceramic on the floor, I won that one. We both wanted oil rubbed bronze fixtures, wood elements and a vessel sink so that was easy and this is where we put it all together. I am loving it and I hope that soon we will have a home to bring this idea to life. Stay tuned.

xoxo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment