Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Minor Kitchen Update

I have been staring at this window since we moved in, trying to figure out how to make it more appealing.

I had a little valance over the window in the rental, but it just didn't seem like I'd fit this house.


A while back I ordered a pair of buffalo check curtains from Walmart [same ones in the guest room] but I wasn't thinking and ordered them in a 63" and they were way too short. Ugh. i hate returning things I figured I'd hold on to them, [actually I had intended to return them and had them in the trunk of my car since February but kept forgetting] and then I remembered this photo from Nikki_grandy on Instagram [she's my favvvvvv] and I knew what I wanted to do.


Basically I just cut the fabric to fit in the window, wrapped the edges and hot glued them [I cannot sew to save my life] to the back for a cleaner look and hung the curtain with a tension rod. Then, I couldn't decide between white or black ribbon to tie it up. I tried both.


Decided white was too stark and girly so I went with black. Just made a loop over the top of the rod and tied a bow at the bottom. After a little pulling, tucking and stretching this is what she ended up looking like.



I'm pretty happy with the results, of course it would look a million times better in a white or black kitchen butttttt.... oh well. Someday!

xoxo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment