Tuesday, August 25, 2020

New House First Walk Through

Ready to see the new house? We are so ready to show you! This baby was a labor of love that took 4 months to build. It was the longest four months ever but it came together beautifully. 

The Exterior: We plan to add wood corbels in the roof peaks, carriage hardware on the garage doors (might paint the doors to match the trim eventually too), shutters and a wood window box to that front window and finally, landscape.


The Entryway: I will eventually add wainscoting but for now I just want to add a mirror and console table, rug and new lighting. We will be changing all the hardware to black down the line too. 


The Kitchen, Dining and Living: Again, new lighting and hardware and blinds and curtains. Down the line we want to build a floor to ceiling fireplace in the living room but otherwise, this room will be changed the most with furniture and accessories. 



The Laundry Room: I want to add a wood shelf above the washer/dryer and maybe some trim on the walls. Keeping it simple. 


The Master Bedroom: I fell in love with the high ceilings in this room and would someday love to have a huge wood beam in the peak. I'm thinking of maybe painting this room a grey/sage color and adding some trim or wainscoting to the walls. Again, hardware and lighting will be changed. 


The Master Bath: I kept the design simple in here to allow the decor to shine. I want to add some hardware to the cabinets, frame the mirror in wood, change the lights and add blinds and lighting over the tub. I'm not a fan of basic builder towel bars so Ill be removing them and adding wood hooks instead.




The Office: This is the front bedroom (the window seen from the front of the house) and I love the mountain view it has so I stole it as my office. On the right side we are going to add pre-fab cabinets to create a built in desk. The lighting will get changed along with the hardware and we will add blinds and curtains. 


The Guest Bath: We will be framing the mirror in wood, changing the light, adding hardware and then accessories. 


The Guest Room: Not sure how I didn't snag a picture before we moved in but its the same as everything else. Changing lighting and hardware, adding blinds and curtains and possibly and accent wall down the line. 

I cant wait to show you what it looks like now. Just adding furniture and unpacking some decor has made a huge impact already. Til next time! 

---Jackie 


No comments:

Post a Comment