Thursday, September 27, 2018

Zacks Office Reveal

We finished up Zacks office fairly quickly. If you remember, we need to add a peg board, a desk and shelf combo, paint the wall and add new curtains. Not too much work at all and Zack did 80% of it. This is how the room looked as we started.





Then, Zack build a wood frame with 1x3 and attached it to the studs.


We had the begboard cut to 3'x6' pieces at Home Depot and we screwed those into the frame.


Next, I painted the accent wall (and the pegboard) my new FAVORITE color, Behr Gladiator Gray. When I proposed a green accent wall I thought Zack would fight me on it but he loved the idea and hes the one that ended up finding this amazing color that I am now putting all over my house, so kudos to him.



Next, Zack build the desk top using a 20in wide by 7 foot long piece of edge glued pine. He used 1x3 inch strips of pine to add an edge all the way around it. The shelf is an 8in x 7 ft piece of pine with 1x2 inch pine trim around it. He screwed them into the studs and stained the whole thing Minwax English Chestnut.

We wanted to use pipe legs for the desk and shelf but couldnt find a place (HD and Lowes wouldnt do it) that would cut and thread them for us so we actually made our own out of dowl rods,floor flanges. I spray painted them Rustoleum Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze and Zack attached them to the desk and shelf with screws.



All we had left was to decorate which Zack gave me full rein of.
Check out the after:







Zack is so happy he finally has a space to sit down and enjoy his hobbies and I'm happy everything has a place and is organized. I dont think it could have turned out any better!

---Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment