Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Planning Major Rooms

I wanted to go over our plans room by room and talk about the changes we want to make in each room. I'm getting bored sitting around with no projects but I couldnt quite picture how my ideas would look in these spaces. I've mentioned the 3d Roomstyler program before and it came in super handy while trying to take these ideas and out them all together. First, I want to show you what the room currently looks like, then Ill explain what we want to change and then show the 3d rending of what it could look like.

The dining room now


Id like to add a little character by painting the two window walls the same dark blue/grey I have in the rest of the house, Valspar Ocean Storm. Ill change out the white blinds for bamboo roman shades, and trade the plaid curtains for linen ones. A new plaid rug will ground the space and Ill move two leather side chairs in for the ends of the table.

The Rendering

The living room now


In here we're going to plank both sides of the fireplace with wood flooring, swap the sofa and loveseat for a leather sectional, move the sofa table back in,get a new chair and ottoman (this one will be headed to the loft), new rug and coffee table (old one headed to the loft) too. Ill swap the fiddle leaf fig for some oversized art and swap the dark grey pillows for textured linen ones. I may also swap the blinds for bamboo roman shades, we'll have to see on that one.

The rendering

The master bedroom now

This room wont get too many swaps, mostly Id like to paint the accent wall my favorite grey, swap the curtains for white ones I already have, replacing the white blinds with bamboo roman shades and Ill add a new rug. I am toying with the idea of painting the doors black in this house too so that may or may not happen as well.

The rendering

I have big plans for the other rooms too, mainly the bathrooms and kitchen, but these are the plans I hope to get started on first. What do you think? Dont the renderings really help to see the full picture? Which room is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below.

---Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment