Thursday, February 22, 2018

Whole New Vision

This post is going to be totally out of left field. Basically, I decided, on a whim, to re-decorate my entire house in a bohemian style. Ummm, what?! I told you, out of left field, right?

So, we have family in Arizona and we visit them every year, some times more than once a year. Every time we go out there both Zack and I feel so at home there. Its not something I can really explain, it just feels right. So, we decided that we want to move there... eventually! By eventually I mean in the next 1-2 years. After we decided that, we made a trip out there and checked out the area/houses/stores. Gilbert, Chandler and Surprise were our favorites and one common theme that we saw with all the homes and even the decor in the stores was a boho, desert vibe. Now, before you go and think I decided to change up my decor based on what other people are doing, hear me out. I have LOVED the boho style for several years now, I just never had the guts to follow through with it because I wasn't sure I'd be able to find the right items or put it together the way I was envisioning in my head. I don't know anyone with this style personally, so it was hard to envision it. Now, after our trip, I'm feeling so inspired and ready to make the plunge.

What is staying?
I still love me some cows and a few of them will be staying, (like the huge one in the loft and the one in my bedroom) but I do feel as though the farmhouse trend has kind of worn off for me and I'm no longer in love with it and I want to move away from it, so any items that don't work are going, any items (especially large pieces like my sofas and dining table) are going to be re-used.

How can I afford it?
I sold everything! Literally, I came home from our trip and went room to room taking things off the walls and shelves and put it all in a large pile in my spare room, took pictures of everything and put it all on Facebook with the title "farmhouse decor" it all sold in a matter of 72 hours. I then used that money, along with some leftover tax money to buy my new pieces. Also, I shopped a lot more bargains this time and, like i said above, I reused all the large, expensive pieces.

Is the house empty now?
It was! For all of 2 days, and then I had a day off work and went shopping so now, the house is almost complete again!

I'm pretty excited about the new change and I can't wait to get  a post up with all the pictures. I am waiting on some art and rugs to arrive and then Ill do a complete home tour. Until then, I'll leave you with a few of my inspiration pictures...

source

source

source




---Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment