Thursday, November 10, 2016

Guest Room:Buying Update

So, like I talked about in my last post, I am working on the guest bedroom now. So far, all I have done is sell all the old furniture, with the exception of the bed, and purchase a bunch of stuff to complete the room, so, that's what today's post will be about: What I've purchased so far, how much I've spent and where I shopped. Lets get to it!

The first purchase I made was these nightstands I got off Craigslist. They are vintage children's desks. They got painted over in chalkboard paint so they are in desperate need of a makeover and I have a great plan for them, but that's a post for another time! I picked them up for just $20 each.


Then I snagged a chair and a dresser, both from Target, both on sale..



Dresser: $94.99
Chair: $89.98

After that, I perused Target for other items but the bill was quite high and I knew I could get it down by shopping elsewhere, so I checked out Walmart, and here's what I got...



2 task lamps: $14.98 each 2 for $29.94
bed skirt : $8.97
2 buffalo check curtain panels: $12.49 each 2 for $24.98
goose neck floor lamp : $39.99

*It might seem like I am skimping here but I already have a few of these items in my home and I can tell you the lamps and the bed skirt are great quality and I am very pleased with them*

The last place I shopped was Primitives by Kathy. I have talked about her shop in a "favorites" post about a month go and I was eyeing this cute pillow. I knew it'd be perfect in the room and since I saved so much on the other purchases, I decided to go for it on this one and picked it up. It was originally $33.70 but with a coupon for 30% off  [code: 30ANY] I got it for just $23.34.



The only other things I need to get are a cow hide rug, pillows, a comforter, sheets, and couple decorative items then I'll just have to make the headboard and finish the nightstands. Oh, and buy a bed. That's probably going to be the hardest part. Stay with me, there's lots more to see!

xoxo,
Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment