Thursday, July 16, 2015

Faux Fire

I have been really wanting a fireplace for so long. Our last few homes have had them and I totally took them for granted because now I miss it so badly. It may only be July but the holidays will be here before we know it and I really want to have a pretty mantle to hang the stocking this year. Last year I made a wooden sign and hung the stockings from it and I just hated it! Its definitely not the same as hanging them from a mantle.



So, I am Zack is going to build a faux fireplace! Well, he doesnt know that hes going to, yet, but I know once I show him my plan he'll be on board! It should be fairly easy since we already have the frame mostly built with the tv stand. I found this tutorial online and it is looks SO similar to the tv stand frame that all we'll have to do is make some basic modifications and add some plywood, trim and paint, plus its already the size we need so it shouldnt be too hard.
a ROUGH sketch of the tv stand frame





I really like the look of a simple paneled fireplace like this one and this one.




 just without tile, since it'll be fake and with a rustic wood top, like this, just not as chunky. Then, Im going to throw a basket of aspen logs in for the "fire" and Ill have the perfect place to hang my stockings! 


I was working on my own sketches the other night and came up with one that I think we can do. Its been a while since I've been this excited about a project so hopefully we will be able to get started right when we get back from Cali.


my ROUGH sketch of what I want it to look like 


xoxo,
Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment